Thursday, November 24, 2005

Lonely

Life is lonely. Come home from work and there is no one to talk to. Sometimes I work on the look of a short film I'm planning, sometimes sit and watch Your Stocks on TV. My sister insists I get married soon, because I "won't find a good woman afterwards". How can I find a woman if all the places to meet women allow only couples. In Boston I would go out dancing twice a week. Ahh.. I miss Ryles, JohnnyD's and yes even the run down $5 "Choices" of Somerville with its loud music. Well there are classes here for sure that I go to, but no place to dance. Moving back to India from the US is not just about giving up on money. Its a lifestyle change.

2 comments:

gawker said...

Just wanted to say I like your writing style. Simple and touching. Cheers.

Ranjit Mathew said...

Most of us techies spend long hours in the office and keep friends who are also techies. This is bound to ruin our personal lives and any hopes to meet eligible members of the opposite sex.

You should "diversify" and indulge in non-techie activities and hobbies. For example, volunteer to help Ranga Shankara or CRY or take part in the quizzes organised by the KQA. Make non-techie friends. The set of non-techies is huge and has lots of interesting people.